Greetings!!

Welcome and thank you for visiting my online portfolio for ENGLCOM. In this site, you will see an online portfolio of different types of essays naming: two Reflective essays, a Process Essay, a Static-Descriptive Essay, a Comparison and Contrast Essay, a Cause and Effect Essay, a Definition Essay, and an Argumentative Essay, done during my second term here in De La Salle University- Manila.


Writing is a very important aspect of people’s lives since this is one form of communicating with other people. It does not only enable you to communicate with other people that are far away but also enables you to express your thoughts and emotions through pen and paper. When you practice writing through writing activities, this drastically improves your English writing skills for the reason that I believe in a saying that says, “Practice makes perfect”.


I hope that you will enjoy what I have prepared for you. :)


~Respectively yours, englcomC39tamura <3

Thursday, December 17, 2009

“Static-Descriptive Essay: Visiting Enchanted Kingdom Once Again”

A theme park can bring out the inner child in a particular person once they ride one of the attractions of that marvelous place. All stress is alleviated as we see the visiting people smile, laugh and play. I remembered a ride we once rode that really enticed my and my fellow buddies; the Rio Grande Rapids. I woke up and realized that I was dreaming about revisiting Enchanted Kingdom once more.


It was a chilly morning that day on September 3, 2009 when I woke up early, excited to go on an adventure with my closest college block mate friends. As I packed my things for the trip in my sturdy brown bag, I thought of bringing the most essential things so that I will have a blast later on. At the time of our meeting, as I was going to the meeting place by car at Lorenzo’s house, Denise See, my talkative Chinese friend, called me over the phone to ask what I was currently wearing. I was wondering why they literally shouted when they found out that I was not wearing green or white that day. I was shocked to know that all the boys as well as Mandz Zabat, my sweet and friendly block mate, were wearing green that day; while all the girls who will join us were wearing white. They did not plan anything before that date at all that is why I found it very amusing and funny. We rode excitedly in Jannyn Sioson and Lorenzo Reyes’ cars since we were too many to fit in one car. It was exciting for me because we were divided into boys and girls during our trip from SLEX to Enchanted Kingdom. We talked about the boy’s funny events and experiences during class as well as teasing other friends with their crushes in the block. Mandz Zabat and Dara Ang, our lovely and funny friend, were singing loudly at the back of the car as we all talked about our personal lives before entering college.


After arriving at the famous theme park, we got more excited than ever as we took pictures of the entrance gate, and their mascot that was waving at us. Even though we have been to Enchanted Kingdom before, the feeling was different when we were with our college buddies. We felt the sense of responsibility rising among us since our parents did not accompany us anymore unlike when were in our younger years. We chose to ride all the possible rides at sight to maximize our enjoyment, since Enchanted Kingdom is jam-packed with a lot of thrilling as well as relaxing rides for all ages. We rode “Anchors Away” first because it was the closest ride from where we were then went straight to the Ferris wheel. I felt anxious as we lined up to ride the Ferris wheel since I dislike this ride the most because I was afraid of heights. We checked around the corner to visit our all-time favorite ride; however, it saddened us to discover that the “Space Shuttle” is under maintenance. Since the “Space Shuttle” is not functioning, we continuously rode the “Rio Grande Rapids”, facing the long lines of people who also wanted to ride it as well, and we also endured the Philippines’ hot climate. The wait was worth it for we received cherished memories and funny moments as we got wet during the ride.


The day ended as the beautiful moon shone up above in the sky along with brilliant glittering stars. The breeze stroked my skin and I felt a sudden chill down my spine; however, Mike embraced me and I felt comfortable, the feeling that will always be in my mind as I think of my friends. I observed that all the visitors were lining up and getting ready to go home after a tiresome day. They all looked tired but happy at the same time, reminiscing about what they did that day. The group and I were tired as well; however, we cannot contain ourselves from the happiness we had after that unforgettable day.


In that wonderful theme park, my friends and I always rode the “Rio Grande Rapids” because it was a thrilling and unique ride. The experience strengthened further our bonds as close friends. I learned that friends will always be there for you during good, and most especially during bad times when you think that all is lost. The memory continues to play in my mind as I reminisce my visit to Enchanted Kingdom once again.

1 comment:

  1. Writing a static descriptive essay requires a lot of patience since you are advised to apply the “show don’t tell principle”, wherein you must elaborate on the said activity to illustrate the situation rather than just mere telling it to the readers. I found it hard to compose since I do not elaborate on certain topics that much when I am telling stories or just talking to my closest peers. I also do not have the patience to elaborate on the topic that I chose; however, I believe that this is a very good essay to read on once you have mastered the art of the “show don’t tell principle”.

    ReplyDelete